Thank you for buying copper jewelry from Metal and Earth Designs!

 

Whether you have chosen a piece made by metalsmithing or electroforming, I know you will be satisfied with your order. Here is some basic info that is good to know.

 


CLEANING & CARE

 

Storage conditions can affect the appearance of your jewelry. Therefore, pure copper will tarnish after a

while, which can be left untouched for a natural antique look or removed using polishing cloth or many

common household items (i.e. ketchup or a mix of salt and citric acid). Human body reacts to metals,

their dusts, salts and oxides, so your jewelry might turn your skin green. This is a harmless reaction –

you can wash off this residue or it will fade on its own in a few days. I do not recommend wearing your

jewelry while bathing or swimming as it can tarnish faster. Please understand that I cannot predict how

will your skin react to copper or if it will react at all.

 
HEALING PROPERTIES

 

Copper has been used for its healing properties for thousands of years. Today, many praise copper jewelry for its effect on illnesses such as arthritis and fibromyalgia. Scientific background of these claims is still not totally clear. Please bear in mind that we do not make any medical claims and you use our jewelry for healing at your own discretion.

TOXICITY & ALLERGIES

 

Like many other natural elements, copper can cause allergies. Please note that copper poisoning is related to ingesting and inhaling, not absorbing small traces through your skin. The risk of toxicity is increased when wearing copper jewelry is combined with taking copper mineral supplements and exposure to some fungicides and pesticides. Symptoms of copper toxicity include nausea, vomiting, digestive discomfort, metallic taste in mouth, yellow skin and eyes, depression, anorexia and muscle weakness. If you experience any of these symptoms, please seek medical attention immediately.